Ironbound Hockey is excited to offer girls a valuable Learn-to-Play Hockey program in an environment that is suitable for those girls that prefer to learn in an all-girl atmosphere. The primary goal of the Ironbound Hockey Learn-to-Play Hockey program is to create an environment that engenders confidence and an interest in hockey.
Ironbound Hockey’s Learn to Play Hockey Program offers first-time hockey players the chance to get on the ice for FREE! We pride ourselves on our knowledge and teaching of hockey fundamentals. All of the drills are designed to generate as much fun as possible while learning the core hockey skills and techniques. We will begin the 5-week program with a concentration on skills development, skating, stick handling, and coordination. Each week, we will build on the skills learned from the week before.
Each one of our practice plans is designed by Certified USA Hockey Coaches who are dedicated to the success of player development.
We want to make you feel as comfortable as possible bringing your child into the rink. Due to the current pandemic, players will be grouped into 4 players per coach and masks will be worn. Protocols will be distributed after registration.
We will teach:
- skills development
- stick handling
WHO IS THIS FOR
- Birth Years (2011 - 2015) girls.
- Cost FREE but you must register
Location: RWJ Barnabas Health Hockey House, 25 Lafayette Street, Newark, NJ
Day/Time: Saturdays, 2:15 - 3:15pm
Dates: March 20 - April 24, 2021
- MANDATORY: All skaters must wear a helmet with a mask (ski or bike helmets are acceptable). No child will be allowed on the ice without a helmet. Please put your child's name on the front of the helmet so our volunteer coaches can personalize your participant's experience in the program.
- MANDATORY: All skaters MUST wear their own skates and warm mittens are encouraged.
- Hockey sticks are not required but you can bring one if you have one.
- We recommend dressing warmly - in snow pants and a winter jacket.